National Account Manager - Sales
Reporting to the VP of Mass Merch Retail National Accounts, the National Account Manager will be responsible for selling and managing title base, promotions, and business relationships at Costco, Sam's Club, and BJ's and the Club business at their supporting vendors, RMS and Readerlink.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to manage relationships with multiple retailers and distributors; follow up on orders throughout the entire cycle from presentation to answers and estimates to order tracking; seek and act on sales opportunities which arise from sales analysis, publicity, or drop-ins.
The Clubs team acts in a highly collaborative way, preparing for and executing sales calls together. Therefore, our National Account Managers have many opportunities to interact with different areas of the publishing groups they sell, including publishers, marketing and publicity managers, and editors.
• Prepares, researches, and presents all relevant new titles, appropriate backlist titles, and special promotions to accounts.
• Optimizes all initial, front list and backlist opportunities through in-store and on-line promotions.
• Manages co-op pools for each retailer and coordinates wholesale co-op promotions.
• Represents selected imprints to the Warehouse Clubs and their supporting vendors in a professional, sales-oriented manner clearly demonstrating an understanding of the accounts and the lists sold.
• Attends regular meetings including, but not limited to, imprint launch, strategy, sales conference, and hot title meetings.
• Communicates regularly and effectively with Sales Management about pertinent issues.
• Visits Clubs and appropriate distributors on a regular basis, at least once per season, to sell new lists and backlist, to gather feedback on sell-through, account news and other industry related information.
• Maintains accurate records of transactions and OTIS estimates.
• Runs sales reports and tracks and analyzes sales trends
• Minimum of 3 years of prior experience selling in an account facing role
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to travel up to 10% by car, train, or plane within the domestic US
• Strong analytical skills
• Comfortable working and communicating with employees across all levels of an organization
• Strong understanding of the publishing industry as a whole preferred
• Knowledge of SAP and Edelweiss is a plus
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 151407
Jun 2, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kv47-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.