Full Time Job
Marketing Associate - Christian Books, Waterbrook & Multnomah
Penguin Random House
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionMarketing Associate - Christian Books, WaterBrook & Multnomah (Open to Remote)
Penguin Random House is seeking a Marketing Associate for the WaterBrook and Multnomah imprints, focused on promoting Christian books to a wide audience of readers. As Marketing Associate , you will be reporting to the Vice President, Director of Marketing. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative marketer who loves books and reading, working i n a highly productive , collaborative and fast paced environment, and is interested in filling a critical role with the marketing team.
Our Christian publishing program is devoted to creating books that inspire readers to find rich, spiritual purpose in their daily lives and invite them into a deeper relationship with God. We are seeking a creative, collaborative, and enthusiastic marketer with interest in working with Christian books and authors to join our team. This M arket ing A ssociate will be an active member of the team who creat es and executes customized campaigns for approximately 20 Christian focused books per year ranging from Christian Living titles , Christian Fiction , and gift products .
Our award winning and New York Times bestselling authors including John Mark Comer, Jennie Allen, Latasha Morrison, Michael Todd, Tim Tebow, and Katie Davis Majors. Other notable authors include Anne Graham Lotz , Madison Prewett Trout , Francine Rivers , and Earl and
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Assists in c reat ing innovative title-marketing campaigns based on market data and consumer trends for non-fiction and fiction titles using our in house tools and individual research and creative ideas
• Collaborates closely with the team to implement strategies by developing timelines, digital content, and integration across an author's social media/related platforms
• Assists with influencer marketing campaigns, custom audiences, and company cross-promotions to activate word of mouth and digital reader engagement that result in book sales
• Works closely with other departments including Publishing, Editorial, Publicity, Sales, Analytics, Advertising and Creative Operations
• Creates graphics via Canva for promotions that are needed on a project by project basis
• Coordinates the writing of marketing copy including jacket copy, launch plans, creative briefs, and messaging for social posts and author questionnaires in conjunction with editorial
• Administrative support as needed for the marketing team
Essential Qualifications and Requirements:
• Minimum of one year marketing experience
• Genuine interest in marketing and promotion , especially for Christian books
• Excellent communication skills, including copywriting and presentation skills
• Collaborative, self-starter, detail-oriented, problem-solver, and self-motivated
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage a busy inbox with timely follow-up
• Computer skills-proficiency in MS, Excel, Outlook, Canva and ability to learn new applications
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe, and basic html skills are a plus
The WaterBrook and Multnomah office is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This position is open to remote candidates.
The salary for this position is $5 3 ,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results . Kindly include your cover letter and resume in our application system.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbzkpe-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.