We are looking for a Marketing Assistant to join the Random House Children's Books Trade Marketing team. Random House Children's Books is home to bestselling and award-winning trade authors and illustrators from Nic Stone (author of Dear Martin) and Karen McManus (One of Us Is Lying) to Nicola Yoon (Everything, Everything and The Sun Is Also a Star), Jennifer Niven (All the Bright Places), Christopher Paolini (The Inheritance Cycle) and more.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Young Adult team, as well as with the Audience Engagement, Publicity, and School & Library Marketing teams to develop materials and execute cohesive plans to reach booksellers, teens, and crossover readers. Additionally, the Marketing Assistant will work closely with these groups to promote our books at consumer events and festivals and to continue to build the Underlined community.
This role includes responsibilities that require in-office participation when handling marketing mailings, so the ability to commute (when needed) to our 1745 Broadway location is essential.
• Develop marketing copy for select frontlist and backlist campaign materials
• Create seasonal documents in support of select campaigns, including plan templates, display setup forms, and project lists
• Develop ad briefs, including targeting and copy suggestions, for programmatic display and social ad campaigns
• Create and route campaign announcements and recap documents to be shared across the company
• Act as liaison between the Young Adult team and the Audience Engagement team by effectively communicating digital engagement opportunities to the team, maintaining a good relationship with the advertising team, and advising on strategy and optimizations where necessary
• Track campaign details, maintain vendor information, and process invoices for the entire Young Adult marketing team budget, working closely with the Senior Director to manage the annual budget document
• Create distributions such as proposed print quantities of marketing materials, working back with sales to establish estimates and orders
• Develop and execute marketing campaigns for select frontlist and backlist titles
• Collaborate with design, digital marketing, school & library marketing, and publicity to ensure cohesive marketing plans and messaging
• Maintain the consumer shows calendar and show-specific overviews, including researching, evaluating, and proposing new show opportunities, with regular updates to the Senior Manager and other department heads
• Act as liaison between Random House Children's Books and consumer show organizers and other partnership stakeholders through effectively communicating sponsorship agreements and details, maintaining a good relationship with partners, and advising on strategy
• Coordinate and lead show-specific teams, comprised of key team members across marketing and publicity, including the management of key show dates, materials, budgets, and deadlines and regular show meetings and their agendas, action items, follow-ups, and notes
• Organize staffing, travel, staff materials and resources, and working schedules for each show and attend key consumer shows, virtually and in-person
• Perform administrative tasks and provide additional support to the Senior Manager and other members of the Young Adult team as necessary
• Interest in working with books for young adults (books for ages 13 and up) a must. Experience working with or reaching YA readers and audiences a plus!
• Highly organized with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
• Self-motivated worker comfortable working independently as well as with a team
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and remain solution-oriented
• Willingness to learn and collaborate
• Ability to travel domestically to consumer shows and festivals approximately 3-5 times a year
The salary for this position is $48,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re39e0-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.