Marketing Assistant, Penguin Press
Penguin Press seeks a Marketing Assistant to support the marketing department in launching creative campaigns for a list of award-winning and bestselling books.
Dedicated to publishing quality nonfiction and literary fiction, Penguin Press seeks to publish ideas that matter, storytelling that lasts, and books that don't just start conversations but detonate them. Since 2004, they have published countless New York Times bestsellers and won five National Book Critics Circle awards, one National Book Award, and five Pulitzer Prizes. Penguin Press publishes a diverse list of historians, scientists, novelists, politicians, poets, artists, photographers, and some of the most respected thinkers in the world, including Ron Chernow, Michael Pollan, Zadie Smith, Celeste Ng, Mary Oliver, Thomas Pynchon, Emily Oster, Ocean Vuong, Steve Coll, Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Elif Batuman, Maggie Haberman, Richard Haass, and Ottessa Moshfegh.
The ideal candidate reads widely, communicates clearly, works independently, and is passionate about books and the power of the written word. The Marketing Assistant will provide administrative support and assist with creating marketing materials and advertising campaigns for nonfiction and literary fiction titles. This position reports to the Associate Publisher / Marketing Director at Penguin Press and provides the opportunity to work alongside the larger team at Penguin Press and Penguin Random House.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
• Creating and executing marketing plans, in collaboration with authors, agents, and marketing colleagues, that may include advertising, social media campaigns, bookstore promotions, outreach to niche communities and book clubs, and researching and experimenting with emerging marketing platforms
• Creating and executing marketing campaigns for older, backlist titles while analyzing market trends to identify other potential opportunity titles.
• Providing administrative and operational support to the marketing department, including processing and coding invoices, maintaining budgets, mailing books and galleys, and scheduling department meetings
• Acting as a liaison to other departments to schedule, plan, and organize materials for meetings and conferences
• Co-managing and creating content for the Penguin Press social media channels and the channels of select Penguin Press brand authors
• Communicating marketing updates to sales, authors, agents, and other stakeholders as needed
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency with various social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok) and an avid interest in learning about new and emerging platforms
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Able to apply organizational methods and strategies to meet deadlines and manage multiple active projects at once in a fast-paced and details-focused environment
• Ability to work independently in a proactive manner and collaborate with the team when needed
• Timely follow-up and communication skills with the marketing team, authors, agents, and other departments
• Proficiency in creative problem solving and decision making
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbwmn-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.