Managing Editorial Assistant- Penguin Young Readers
Penguin Young Readers is seeking a Managing Editorial Assistant to provide support to the Managing Editorial staff in our trade division. The right candidate will be detail-oriented, eager to learn all aspects of the bookmaking process, and willing to work in a fast-paced, creative environment.
Penguin Young Readers publishes a comprehensive list of award-winning authors, favorite children's book characters and licensed properties, in a variety of children's book formats, including picture books, middle grade, young adult, and graphic novels.
• Providing general administrative support to the Managing Editorial department, including setting up meetings, providing title and meeting reports, calendar maintenance, etc.
• Setting up and maintaining title metadata and schedules in SAP and FileMaker Pro.
• Disseminating up-to-date information regarding production schedules, on-sale dates, and prices, etc.
• Pulling production and various reports as needed for department meetings.
• Coordinating reprint corrections
• Creating barcodes
• Reviewing eBooks for quality control
• Reviewing contract status and royalty rates
• Downloading and collating files for levelling submission, digital sales materials, and various divisional needs/requests
• Attending weekly production meetings with the Editorial, Copyediting, Design, and Production departments.
With this in mind, to be successful in this role we feel that you'll need to have:
• Excellent communication skills, including a strong ability to interact with employees across various departments
• Superb organizational and time management skills
• Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style a plus
• No publishing experience required
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wj68-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.