Avery/TarcherPerigee is seeking a Managing Editorial Assistant to join their team! The Assistant will directly support the Executive Managing Editor with coordinating and monitoring the production process of more than 100 titles per year, from edited manuscript to finished book. This job opening is an exciting opportunity to get an overview of the publishing process, and to work with a variety of departments in a fast-paced publishing house.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Maintaining the schedule for jacket and cover materials across both imprints.
• Routing and tracking jacket and cover copy materials to other departments for approval.
• Maintaining schedule for weekly cover meetings with the Art and Editorial departments, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and coordinating materials.
• Reviewing text and cover files weekly for titles up for reprint and compiling lists of corrections needed.
• Watermarking text files for editorial, marketing, and publicity departments, and others as requested.
• Updating data in SAP and the FileMaker Pro databases.
• Liaising with the Library of Congress to obtain Cataloguing-in-Publication data for all imprint titles.
• Providing general administrative support to the Executive Managing Editor, backing up colleagues, and assisting with special projects as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a strong ability to interact with employees across various departments
• Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Superb organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Basic proofreading skills and familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style a plus
• Familiarity with FileMaker Pro, InMotion, Adobe Acrobat, and/or SAP a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89039-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.