Licensed and Proprietary Brands Assistant, Marketing, Random House Children's Books (Open to Remote)
Licensed and Proprietary Brands Assistant, Marketing, Random House Children's Books
Random House Children's Books, a division of Penguin Random House, seeks a hands-on and detail-oriented Marketing Assistant who will be an essential member of the Licensed & Proprietary Brands Marketing team, supporting the Senior Marketing Manager and occasionally assisting the Assistant Director. The Marketing Assistant will assist and manage daily administrative and marketing tasks and act as a liaison between third-party partners and within our internal departments at Random House Children's Books and Penguin Random House.
This position offers a unique perspective on the strategy and operations of Random House Children's Books, home to beloved, classic children's book authors and brands like Dr. Seuss, Magic Tree House, and Little Golden Books, as well as current licenses like Disney, Marvel, Nickelodeon, and Minecraft Creating books for toddlers through young adult readers, the imprints of Random House Children's Books bring together award-winning authors and illustrators, world-famous franchise characters, and multimillion-copy series.
As the Marketing Assistant, you will be part of a fun and fast-paced group. You'll meet and work closely with many colleagues in other departments within the division, especially Publicity, Editorial, Sales, and Design. The role is ideal for someone who has an interest in working with licenses and brands and is a solutions-focused creative thinker with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in a deadline-driven environment.
Please apply using our ATS system and include your cover letter and resume for consideration.
• Provides administrative and creative support for the marketing campaign process on a seasonal cycle from brainstorming to implementation, as well as assists the Senior Marketing Manager in the development and execution of marketing plans for key brands and licenses within the group, including Dr. Seuss, Magic Tree House, Graphic Novel Chapter Books and more.
• Assists with the management and organization of all retail merchandising offers from sell-in through on-sale
• Responsible for soliciting and helping with the execution of cross-promotional partnerships with licensors and licensees
• Assists with the preparation for licensor business reviews and campaign recaps, internal marketing presentations, and other group presentations, such as brainstorming meetings as needed
• Responsible for routing all project approvals to the appropriate and required internal and external approvers
• Responsible for sell-in tools, such as sell sheets, order forms, and point-of-sale materials
• Exceptional attention to detail, the ability to prioritize, and strong follow-up skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
• Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
• A team player with the ability to build internal & external relationships
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Ability to take initiative and problem-solve creatively
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
The salary for this position is $45,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3nwb4-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.