Integrated Marketing Assistant, Random House Executive Office and Harmony Books & Rodale Books
Random House is the proud home of the world's most acclaimed storytellers, thought leaders, and innovators. Our imprints include Ballantine, Bantam, Delacorte, Del Rey, The Dial Press, The Modern Library, Random House, One World, Hogarth, Crown, Currency, Clarkson Potter, Ten Speed Press, Convergent, WaterBrook, Multnomah, Harmony, and Rodale:
Harmony Books and Rodale Books publish unique approaches to health and wellness, lifestyle, diet, cooking, business, self-improvement, relationships, parenting, and spirituality, to guide readers to become their best selves inside and out. Bestsellers include Eat Better, Feel Better by Giada De Laurentiis, True Comfort by Kristin Cavallari, Welcome Home by Najwa Zebian, Remember by Lisa Genova, Get Good with Money by Tiffany Aliche, and Karma by Sadhguru.
The Random House Integrated Marketing Department is seeking to fill the position of Integrated Marketing Assistant to support the EVP, Executive Creative Director, Marketing and Public Relations, the SVP Director of Marketing & Business Development, and the Director of Marketing for Harmony and Rodale. We are looking for an individual who can provide comprehensive support and assistance in the daily operations of this office, as well as title marketing support for two of our imprints. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to both the marketing and publicity areas of the publishing process.
The individual who assumes this position must be able to manage the calendar independently while also exercising the utmost sensitivity to the executive's responsibilities and needs. This individual must communicate and interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with management and employees at all levels of the organization and with external clients and contacts. High ethical standards and a thorough understanding of discretion and confidentiality are essential to the role.
Successful candidates will skillfully perform regular administrative duties while demonstrating the ability to take initiative and exercise independent and creative thinking where needed.
This role includes responsibilities that require in-office participation when handling marketing & publicity mailings, so the ability to commute (when needed) to our 1745 Broadway location is essential.
• Handling and screening phone calls, mail, and email
• Maintaining calendars, making travel arrangements, and drafting itineraries
• Coordinating meetings, taking minutes, and assisting with any post-meeting follow-up needed
• Processing expense reports and filing
• Providing agendas, PowerPoint presentations, and comprehensive itineraries
• Handling special projects to support the overall efforts of the division
• Assisting the imprint marketing team (Harmony & Rodale) with title work, including influencer outreach, author platform building, consumer research projects, and audience development
• Contribute content to e-newsletters, websites, and social networking vehicles used to promote titles/authors
• Research trends, consumer insights, and marketplace competition
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a strong track record of following up where needed and completing micro & big picture tasks
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities
• Ability to work independently in a proactive manner and collaborate with the team when needed
• A solutions-focused mindset and the dexterity to navigate busy environments and schedules
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Programs (an expert's knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is a plus)
• A goal-oriented team player who can cultivate productive working relationships
Please apply using our ATS system and include your cover letter and resume for consideration. The entry-level salary for this position is $45,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk1890-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.