Imprint Sales Associate Manager – Special Markets
We have an exciting opportunity for an Imprint Sales Associate Manager to join the Client Imprint Sales team in the Special Markets department at Penguin Random House! The CIient Imprint Sales team works as the primary Special Markets contacts for the Penguin Random House Publishing Services Clients and other imprints as needed. This position functions as a liaison between sales and publishing to position and identify priority titles, maximizing sales across the Special Markets channel, and report back on trends and performance that publishing teams need to know.
The Imprint Sales Associate Manager will also serve as the department representative at sales, launch, marketing, editorial, and occasional author meetings. Join our team if you are interested in learning about the intersection of publishing and sales-- in a channel where the work is different every day, in a team that values collaboration, and in an environment that's fast-paced, fun, and book-loving.
• Partner with publishers and distribution clients to set priorities for the channel; report on sales trends, opportunities, and challenges; and provide account feedback from reps
• Analyze sales data and consumer insights to surface opportunities to our Special Markets' reps and drive growth for publishers
• Collaborate with the Imprint Sales team to identify category trends and generate additional sales material for sales reps/accounts
• Determine title sales estimates
• Categorize titles to meet channel-specific needs for websites, email marketing, pitches, etc.
• Organize and manage recurring and seasonal meetings
• Coordinate requests and approvals for special promotions, events, etc.
• 3 years of publishing, retail or customer service experience; wellness or comic/manga/graphic novel sales experience is a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues across all levels of an organization, written and verbal, including presentation skills
• Highly organized
• Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing priorities, manage multiple projects
• Ability to problem-solve creatively
• Responsive to account needs and aware of marketplace changes
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Familiarity with content management (WordPress) for websites is a plus
Please apply using our online application process.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g320wn-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.