Works as the primary Special Markets contact for the Penguin Publishing Group and other imprints as needed. This position functions as a liaison between sales and publishing to properly position titles, identify priority titles, and maximize and grow sales across the channel – and to report back on trends and performance that publishing teams need to know.
The Imprint Sales Associate Manager/Manager also serves as the department representative at sales, launch, marketing, editorial, and occasional author meetings.
• Partner with publishers to set priorities for the channel, report on sales trends and provide account feedback.
• Create sales strategies in partnership with special markets reps and setting sales estimates for titles.
• Delve into sales analytics and consumer insights to provide reps with sales strategies and opportunities for growth across our entire list of titles.
• Collaborate with all imprint sales managers to identify category opportunities that traverse publishing groups.
• Organizing and running recurring department meetings and sales conference.
• Creating sales reports for publishers and management to identify challenges and opportunities.
• Coordinate approvals for special term sales (i.e. stock offers, inventory reductions).
• Minimum of 3 years of publishing or book retail experience, minimum of 5 years to be considered at the Manager level; sales and/or marketing experience is preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external colleagues across all levels of an organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
• Strong knowledge of customer needs and market changes
• Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to think and problem solve creatively
• Proven ability to work well under pressure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Comfort with content management & generation for the Specialty Retail website
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkv90-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.