Executive Producer – Audio
Penguin Random House Audio, a division of the Digital Publishing Group, is seeking an experienced Executive Producer to join our Producer team. Reporting to the Director, Audio Production, as the Executive Producer, you will oversee the production of 80-100 audiobooks per year covering a wide range of audio content, including adult and children's fiction and nonfiction, multicast productions, and Original Audio productions.
The Penguin Random House Audio Producers team is a group of elite producers whose productions consistently receive the highest honors and recognition in the industry. From bestselling authors to emerging authors, our collaboration with content creators produces audiobooks of the highest quality that push the boundaries of the format. Some of our recent highly acclaimed audiobooks include George Saunders' Lincoln in the Bardo, Seth Rogen's Yearbook, Dr. Ibram X. Kendi and Keisha N. Blain's Four Hundred Souls, and many more.
• Interpret wide-ranging content and translate the written word into the audio format with a production approach that is true to the author's vision.
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with new and established house authors.
• Execute productions on schedule, within budget, and according to specification, and in collaboration with Pre-and Post-production departments.
• Manage and oversee network of freelancers on a project-by-project basis, and assemble production team suitable to the needs of the audiobook.
• Contribute to producer culture by sharing information and experiences that will benefit the group as a whole.
• Network and make connections within the audio publishing industry and related industries in areas related to talent development.
• Minimum of 8 years' related experience and proven success in audio content production; prior experience with audiobook production is a strong plus.
• Excellent analytical/decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Strong negotiation and relationship management skills to network and collaborate with authors and key stakeholders in the business
• Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrates the ability to excel in a dead-line driven environment
• Spanish language fluency a plus
Our audio team demonstrates excellence in the areas of author engagement and have a proven track record of producing audio content of the highest quality. If you possess a deep love of, and passion for, literature, performance, and the audio format, then we're looking for you!
Please apply using our online process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 168571
Sep 15, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89p06-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.