Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Executive Assistant, Random House
Random House is the proud home of the world's most acclaimed storytellers, thought leaders, and innovators. Our imprints include Ballantine, Bantam, Delacorte, Del Rey, The Dial Press, The Modern Library, Random House, One World, Hogarth, Crown, Currency, Clarkson Potter, Ten Speed Press, Harmony, Rodale, Convergent, WaterBrook, and Multnomah.
Reporting directly to the division President & Publisher and Director of Strategic Projects, the Executive Assistant holds the following responsibilities:
For consideration, applications for this position must be submitted by 5:00 pm, August 3, 2021.
• Extensive calendar and schedule maintenance for the president/publisher, including development and coordination of travel itineraries
• Chiefly responsible for all daily correspondence via telephone, e-mail, and physical mail with internal staff, authors, agents, and business partners
• File and maintain travel and entertainment (T&E) expense reports for both weekly and monthly expenditures
• Compile and distribute weekly sales and title performance grids
• Provide additional administrative support for the President & Publisher, including benefits administration, Internet research, and trafficking correspondence between departments
• Maintain and report human resources data to corporate human resources representatives
• Proficient event planning skills (annual events, personal occasions, conventions, seminars, large meetings)
• Maintain extensive client database (over 2,000 contacts across several industries)
• Review and respond to incoming literary submissions and résumé inquiries
• Work with Director of Strategic Projects on research, agendas, and presentation materials for President's meetings
• Attention to detail
• Discretion regarding confidential materials
• Organizational skills and the capability to prioritize and navigate competing deadlines
• Effective interpersonal communication skills
• Resourcefulness and ability to anticipate needs
• Strong follow up skills and the dexterity to manage a busy inbox and multiple calendars
• Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Capability and interest in learning new applications
The Applications (Intermediate/Proficient Preferred):
• Word (proficient), Excel (basic administrative functions), PowerPoint (light)
• Adobe Acrobat
• SAP (preferred, but not a requirement. Training Available)
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, kindly include your cover letter and resume in our application system.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 161202
Jul 21, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wo1e-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.