Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Editorial Assistant, Vintage Anchor Books and Anchor hardcovers, Knopf Publishing Group
Vintage Books and Anchor Books have a long history of publishing excellent fiction and nonfiction. Anchor hardcovers is an extension of our brand specializing in commercial fiction and nonfiction, psychological suspense and mystery.
We are currently seeking an assistant to join the group's editorial team. The position provides an opportunity to assist the Editorial Director
of Anchor hardcovers and an Editor. The Editor publishes a list of hardcovers and paperback originals. The Editorial Director curates the Anchor hardcovers list of approximate 8-10 hardcovers a year as well as editing h is
own list of hardcover s for Anchor, Knopf and Pantheon.
• Evaluating manuscripts and proposals
• Assisting with the coordination of the editorial and production process
• Writing catalog/flap copy
• Acting as a liaison between authors/agents and the editorial department
• Administrative support including ad hoc project support
• Avid reader of fiction, mystery/thriller
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a high volume environment
• Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, & ability to multi-task successfully
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, kindly include your cover letter and resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yxby-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.