Editorial Assistant – Random House
The Harmony imprint at Penguin Random House has an exciting opportunity for an Editorial Assistant to join their team! Harmony Books is dedicated to inspiring and helping readers to achieve personal transformation and well-being in all facets of their lives. Publishing books that offer unique approaches to health and wellness, lifestyle, diet, self-improvement, relationships, parenting and spirituality, Harmony guides readers to become their best selves both inside and out. Some of our highly acclaimed authors include Arianna Huffington, Timothy Ferriss, Deepak Chopra, Yung Pueblo, Halle Berry, and the Dalai Lama.
As the Editorial Assistant you will provide administrative and editorial support to the Editorial Director and an Executive Editor on a list of transformative, commercial nonfiction. This is an excellent opportunity for an avid reader with a belief that books can help readers transform themselves and the world around them. In addition to learning the ins and outs of the publishing business, you'll be part of a small, dynamic team that believes deeply in collaboration, mentorship, and growth.
• Evaluate manuscripts, log submissions, and draft correspondence
• Communicate with authors and agents to help aid in the successful publication of books
Perform market research, run sales reports, write flap copy and fact sheets
• Collaborate with all in-house departments (publicity, marketing, sales, production, design, etc.) by attending weekly editorial meetings and brainstorming title list ideas
• Provide general administrative support by filing expense reports, scheduling meetings, routing author payments, keeping track of due dates, executing mailings, and fielding questions from authors
• Demonstrates an interest in nonfiction
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to evaluate manuscripts, write copy, and conduct correspondence with authors and agents
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team to support in-house departmental teams
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Harmony is a boutique imprint with a strong emphasis on collaboration. Because we are a small group, you'll have a chance to learn the business, contribute in a meaningful way, and grow professionally. If you're deeply curious about publishing and eager to exhibit your organizational and creative skills, this may be a great opportunity for you!
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 168483
Sep 10, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezn28-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.