Editorial Assistant- Convergent
The Convergent imprint at Penguin Random House has an exciting opportunity for an Editorial Assistant to join their team! Convergent seeks out diverse viewpoints and honest conversations that shed light on the defining challenges facing people of faith today. Our books help readers ask important questions, find paths forward in disagreement, and shape the way faith is expressed in the modern world.
Representing a broad spectrum of Christian thought, both explicit and implicit, Convergent publishes in the categories of memoir, self-help, social issues, spiritual development and lifestyle
The Assistant provides administrative and editorial support to an Editorial Director and an Executive Editor on a list best-selling narrative/faith-based nonfiction. This position would be a great experience for someone who is deeply curious about publishing, eager to exhibit organizational and creative skills, and who derives great satisfaction from working hard in a collaborate environment.
• Providing general administrative support, filing departmental expense reports, scheduling meetings, routing author payments, keeping track of project due dates, executing mailings, and fielding questions from authors.
• Creating profit & loss documents, contract information sheets, collecting sales data, and competitive title research.
• Working with authors, publishers, agents, and the managing editorial department to coordinate and keep track of production process from finished manuscript to bound book.
• Preparing title information sheets and other marketing materials.
• Writing and editing catalog, flap, and marketing copy.
• Evaluating manuscripts, logging submissions, and drafting rejection letters.
With this in mind, to be successful in this role we feel that you'll need to have:
• Prior office experience with administrative duties
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
• Superb organizational skills and ability to multitask
• Ability to take initiative and problem solve creatively
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 161283
Jul 21, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wom6-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.