Ebook Production Associate (Open to Remote)
We have an opening for a full-time Ebook Production Associate at Penguin Random House. This position is part of the Children's Ebook Production Team within the corporate Digital Product Development & Operations group.
In this role you will convert interior and jacket files for children's picture books and graphic novels into EPUB files using InDesign, HTML and CSS, and various proprietary tools; route these files for review and make any necessary adjustments; and maintain them once they are in market. It is a great opportunity to learn about ebook production and formatting as part of a close-knit team working in a rapidly changing, deadline-driven environment. This role includes both independent and collaborative assignments, with room for skill acquisition and growth.
• Convert print files into ebooks using in-house process
• Prepare print files for third-party vendor conversion and perform quality review of completed ebook
• Update ebook files at divisional request or in response to quality issues in market
• Route initials and updates through full production cycle (conversion, quality review / approval, and distribution) according to schedule
• Maintain title-level database records, updating them with project status, complexity, workflow selection, and additional info
• Participate in discussions within your team and with other teams as we work to improve our production processes and the digital reading experience
• Provide feedback for improvements to in-house tools
• Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
• Proficiency in Mac OS and iPad OS
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage time effectively amid changing priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong sense of teamwork
• Willingness to ask questions and raise issues
• Experience in digital publishing or book design
• Experience with HTML editing software, EPUB, HTML, and CSS
• Experience with other Adobe Suite programs
• Experience with FileMaker Pro (or other database software)
The salary for this position is $53,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2zkj-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.