Penguin Random House Publisher Services (PRHPS) is seeking a Department Assistant to join its team. This role will focus on assisting the divisional President and Senior Vice President and will have day to day responsibilities that include scheduling on their behalf. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to juggle multiple projects and will display a willingness to learn about and participate in the business of sales and distribution services to independent publishers. In addition, the Assistant will work with the Client Operations and Engagement, Finance, and the Client Development areas of the business and aide in departmental initiatives as necessary.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Providing general administrative support to the President and Senior Vice President by means of maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, lunches, and travel, updating contact lists, and other general admin support
• Assisting with projects, events, and other scheduling
• Reconciling monthly expense reports for President and Senior Vice President
• Documenting and analyzing procedures and processes
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• At least 6 months of internship or office experience.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter with enthusiasm and ability to take initiative
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience in publishing or bookselling is a plus, but not a requirement
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply online with your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjw66w-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.