Brand Marketing Assistant, Penguin Young Readers (Open to Remote)
Penguin Young Readers is currently seeking a Brand Marketing Assistant to join the retail marketing team. This position specifically supports the Brand Marketing team, but the role provides an opportunity to work very closely with the entire Penguin Kids marketing team.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who wants to grow in the publishing field and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment that is home to world-renowned brands like Eric Carle, Who HQ, Mad Libs, Llama Llama, Peter Rabbit, Roald Dahl, and Bluey, among others.
• Assists with marketing initiatives for key brands, backlist, licensed publishing, and seasonal promotions, including communicating with author estates and licensees/licensors
• Provides general administrative support such as scheduling meetings, department note-taking, data entry, coordinating mailings, ordering books and supplies, etc.
• Assists with sales materials support, including creation of digital catalog assets and promotional materials, such as seasonal sales resources.
• Writes copy for marketing materials (such as displays, promo items, digital assets for booksellers, partnership collateral, brand one sheets, etc.)
• Supports in partnership outreach and coordination including brainstorming activations and promotional opportunities.
• Prepares marketing presentations and documents.
• Manages seasonal sales schedules and deadlines.
• The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter who thinks creatively, inclusively, and is detail-oriented
• Some work and/or office experience, via internship or employment, is preferred
• Self-motivated, able to juggle multiple priorities, and can work independently as well as in a team
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and organization skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and comfortable with various Cloud communication technologies
• Light proofreading + design skills (such as Adobe Creative Suite) are a plus
• An enthusiasm for marketing and children's publishing as a discipline, and an interest in media trends
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjw8e1-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.