Associate Manager, National Accounts - Adult Mass Merch (Open to remote)
Penguin Random House's Sales division is looking for an Associate National Account Manager to join the Adult Mass Merch team. This position will be responsible for selling both frontlist and backlist titles, developing and executing on account promotions, and managing our relationships at select mass merch accounts for the Client publishers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing, researching, and presenting titles on a seasonal basis to the club accounts and its supporting vendor RMS.
• Optimizing all frontlist and backlist opportunities with in-store promotions
• Attending regular meetings, including but not limited to, launch, sales conference, and marketing meetings and consistently provide account-specific feedback.
• Collaborating with publishers on opportunities that are unique to the account.
• Analyzing and reporting on a weekly and ad-hoc basis market trends and insights.
The ideal candidate possesses:
• Minimum of 2 years of sales experience, including prior direct selling experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and follow up
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Proactive with the ability to work well under pressure
• Excel at working within a collaborative team environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel up to 10% by car, train, or plane within the domestic US
• Previous sales experience in publishing is a strong plus
The salary for this position is $63,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjyx81-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.