Penguin Random House is looking for an Associate Sales Manager or Sales Manager to join the Specialty Retail Sales team!
Working closely with the entire channel's sales team to generate new sales for all imprints across the company, the role will focus on growing business for the comic shop market. This unique position will also maintain and service the account base while responding to customer needs. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of new business, while working with a wide variety of titles!
If you are passionate about graphic novels, comics, and manga, this is the ideal role for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Maximizing sales growth within the established account base by acquiring and renewing orders.
• Developing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with key customers.
• Establishing and opening new Retailers and Wholesalers accounts.
• Maintaining account databases, which includes updating buyer contact information and logging communications and outreach to accounts.
• Positioning relevant frontlist and backlist titles within the account base.
• Working closely with publishing groups on lay down units and inventory projections.
• Working closely with marketing teams on strategy, trade shows, and materials.
• Communicating with management regarding account activities (i.e. reorders, account strategy).
• Working closely with other sales managers to develop sales skills, product, and market knowledge.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years sales experience
• Interest in and/or experience with graphic novels, manga, and pop culture strongly preferred
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Proactive with strong follow-up skills
• Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Experience with Salesforce and Mailchimp a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqoepm-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.