Full Time Job
Associate Manager / Manager, Sales
Penguin Random House
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAssociate Manager/Manager, Sales - (Northern California and Midwest) (Open to remote)
The Penguin Random House Children's Field Sales team is seeking two Associate Manager/Manager, Sales to join the team! If you have a passion for reading, enjoy connecting readers with stories, and thrive on building strong business relationships, this may be the perfect role for you!
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for selling titles across all Penguin Random House Children's book imprints, as well as titles for select distribution clients, within an assigned territory. Accounts within the territory will include bookstores, book fair accounts, and distributors. You'll collaborate closely with sales and publishing colleagues and maintain ongoing communications between them and your accounts regarding popular titles, backlist opportunities, and market trends.
The Northern California-based position will interact with accounts in California and Idaho. The Midwest-based position will interact accounts in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Missouri.
Other specific responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the sales, marketing and merchandising of Penguin Random House Children's Books and client publishers' books to accounts within designated territory.
• Selling frontlist titles into accounts on a seasonal basis and actively soliciting reorders.
• Developing and implementing territory strategies and sales plans for backlist and frontlist titles.
• Collaborating with accounts on marketing plans and promotions.
• Maintaining knowledge of the account base and addressing customer needs.
• Communicating with the Sales Director, internal sales teams, and coordinating with Penguin Random House sales counterparts to maximize title growth.
• Attending and participating in sales conferences, teleconferences, and regional trade shows.
• Presenting titles to key accounts on Rep Nights, staff presentations, educator events, etc.
Please apply if you meet the minimum qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years sales experience; Minimum of 3.5 years sales experience to be considered at the Manager level
• Awareness and interest in children's publishing industry, including titles and authors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong follow-up and organizational skills
• Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to think creatively
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
• Works well independently and in a team setting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to travel regularly up to 50% of the year by car or plane
• Ability to work some evenings and/or weekends, as needed
The salary for the Associate position is $63,000 and the salary range for the Manager level is $70,000 - $73,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subjected to company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8bkq6-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.