Sales Associate, Premium Literacy Sales
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
At Penguin Random House, we have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Manager or Manager to join our dynamic Imprint Sales team.
Working as the primary Special Markets contact for our Publishing Services clients and other imprints as needed, you will act as a liaison between sales and publishing to properly position titles, identify priority titles, and maximize and grow sales across the channel. You will also serve as the department representative at sales, launch, marketing, editorial, and occasional author meetings, as well as report back on trends and performance to publishing teams.
The Special Markets area is an exciting channel expanding into many different markets outside traditional book retail accounts. This is a great opportunity for you to work with a wide variety of high-quality Publishers in categories such as pop culture, graphic novels & manga; craft books; art & architecture; home & garden; children's books; cookbooks; literary and commercial fiction; and other non-fiction/reference.
• Partner with publishers to set priorities for the channel, report on sales trends and provide account feedback.
• Create sales strategies in partnership with special markets reps and setting sales estimates for titles.
• Delve into sales analytics and consumer insights to provide reps with sales strategies and opportunities for growth across our entire list of titles.
• Collaborate with all imprint sales managers to identify category opportunities that traverse publishing groups.
• Organizing and running recurring department meetings and sales conference.
• Creating sales reports for publishers and management to identify challenges and opportunities.
• Coordinate approvals for special term sales (i.e. stock offers, inventory reductions).
• Minimum of 3 years of publishing or book retail experience, minimum of 5 years to be considered at the Manager level; sales and/or marketing experience is preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external colleagues across all levels of an organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
• Strong knowledge of customer needs and market changes
• Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to think and problem solve creatively
• Proven ability to work well under pressure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Comfort with content management & generation for the Specialty Retail website
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqn2b-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.