The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group is seeking an Assistant to support the Cover Art Department. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in learning about the inner-workings of a fast-paced art department in a large publishing house.
• Provide administrative support to the Art department as needed
• Maintain vendor contact information
• Maintain and manage the database: update vendor contact information and title records by logging/updating invoice and payment information and including any necessary notes
• Coordinate, schedule, and write cover meeting agendas. Send visual materials before meetings and take meeting minutes for weekly cover meetings for Vintage and Doubleday. If working remotely, using WebEx or Teams to run the meetings
• Management/submission of AIGA ''50 Books / 50 Covers'' competition entries for designers
• Create, process, and file all contracts
• Liaise with and field requests from other in-house departments, including getting files or materials for Sales or Publicity
• Obtain files/art information from foreign publishers for cover and jacket adapts
• Process and route all invoices for approval and payment, as well as new vendor paperwork; file all digital invoices/agreements on Box
• Process receipts for internal spending
• Send books to artists and designers and proofs when requested
• Distribute books and proofs internally
• Organizes and archives physical finished book covers
• Creates cover mock-ups for designers and for other departments, such as Publicity and Sales.
• Orders art supplies and books
• 1 year of prior office experience a plus
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive and able to provide timely follow through on projects
• Knowledge of FileMaker Pro a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznq23-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.