Sales Account Manager
New York, NY
This role will work together with sales leaders, content leaders, digital leaders, and respective teams across the NBCUniversal portfolio, the Business Operations & Strategy group. This role is responsible for charting and executing a holistic multi-platform advertising strategy to drive profitable revenue growth across all screens (linear and digital). The group comprises sales strategy, data & advanced advertising, business development, advertising operations, insights & measurement, new platform and ad product development, and manages all internal and 3rd party sales channel relationships and advertising technology partnerships.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Formulate long-term vision/growth opportunities for Peacock, within the context of the broader NBCU Ad Sales portfolio, while ensuring tactical year-to-year progress toward vision.
• Lead marketplace and competitive insights to identify and assess long-term growth opportunities.
• Lead business case / strategic analyses for new ad product and capability development, delivering data-driven recommendations for long-term strategy.
• Facilitate cross-functional/cross-portfolio (within Ad Sales) and cross-company brainstorms with executive stakeholders.
• Partner with Digital & Cross-Platform Video, Global, Local and Agency Strategy teams to ensure alignment of long-term strategic vision for portfolio holistically (e.g., international expansion).
• Partner with executive stakeholders to establish buy-in and develop implementation plans to operationalize long-term strategy.
• Partner with Ad Sales leadership and NBCU Corporate stakeholders to formulate data strategy for advertising monetization and optimization use cases.
• Lead advertising business case / strategic analyses for new data product and capability development.
• Partner with Advanced Advertising team, central data organization (CDO) and NBCU business units to ensure corporate-wide data collection, processing and execution enabled advertising monetization/growth strategies.
• Collaborate with CDO to ensure data collection, processing and enablement are prioritized by strategic organizational goals (e.g., ad sales, subscriber growth, user engagement, content acquisition/valuation, product development, new business models & innovation).
• Partner with Ad Product & Experience team to ideate/productize data-enabled capabilities.
• Partner with Ad Sales Strategy teams on go-to-market strategies for data-enabled capabilities.
• Liaison with broader Ad Sales organization to ideate on new initiatives, ensure execution of strategic vision and provide guidance on new products/strategic capabilities.
• Develop/lead C-Suite executive presentations for Ad Sales and NBCU Corporate leadership on advertising monetization strategy, performance, and new opportunities for growth/investment.
• Drive ad hoc requests with thoughtful, diligent business case analysis in coordination with cross-functional partners both inside and outside of Ad Sales.
• Manage direct report(s) and/or other members of Peacock Ad Sales Strategy team.
• 12+ years of experience in a strategy leadership role at a media company, agency, sales organization or professional services (e.g., consulting, investment banking).
• 5+ years of experience developing multiplatform (digital, linear, etc.) media strategies.
• Bachelor's degree with MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem; digital & advanced advertising experience preferred.
• Passion for diving into complex concepts, defining value propositions and championing the voice of sales.
• Strong ability to create new business plans and launch new businesses.
• Proactive, self-starter with excellent ability to drive change; possesses the ability to take initiative and perform analysis and other tasks with minimal supervision.
• Highly collaborative thought leader, passionate about digital media, data and advertising innovation.
• Ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Strong capacity for working across functions, defining goals, and driving action and execution on goals; Strong ability to lead direct and indirect teams.
• Superior influencing skills and will be able to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies, internally and externally.
• Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Proven quantitative analytical abilities, including Excel modeling skills, combined with proven proficiency to coherently and concisely summarize information/analyses.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly and succinctly.
• Excellent organizational, time and people management skills and the ability to work in groups and independently.