Junior Editor, Video Monetization
New York, NY
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Reporting to the Creative Director, Social and part of the Brand Marketing group, the Senior Social Video Editor role will require a mix of both creative ideation/pitching and expert hands-on video editing - including After Effects graphics creation, color correcting and audio mixing. The ideal candidate is a digital video expert who has experience producing and editing video specifically for social media audiences. This editor will be a key member of a small team that creates short-form, social first video content across all of Peacock social.
Candidate responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Pitch, produce and edit original short-form videos that leverage the strengths and nuances of the various social channels following best platform practices
• Partner with social editors and strategists to help create new, highly shareable, social-first content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and others, as well as any emerging platforms
• Have an exceptional ability to pick out key moments and identify compelling narratives in raw footage
• Stay ahead of the ever-changing social media curve by implementing new edit techniques and approaches
• Perform basic color correcting and audio mixing when necessary
• Receive and implement notes on cuts from larger team
• Lead and own video projects from start to finish
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a digital video editor in an entertainment or media setting
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
• Experience with motion graphics (Adobe After Effects) strongly preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx3oq-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.