Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Are you ready to go beyond classic predictive analytics to the frontier of applied machine learning? Do you want to be a part of the team that builds KPIs, models, and optimal policies at scale that provide insight, understanding, and paths to action for all content in the Peacock Library? Join a growing team of smart and hungry professionals who are working at the cutting edge of technology and science at the epicenter of content, technology, and culture.
As part of the Direct-to-Consumer Decision Sciences team, the Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for creating analytical solutions for one or more of the content verticals of NBCU's video streaming service.
In this role, the Senior Data Scientist will build and deploy machine learning solutions at scale to empower and optimize leadership's and our research partners' abilities to lift our enterprise metrics by best leveraging Peacock's library, its individual content, and its content's elements.
Our Senior Data Scientists will work closely with business owners, teammates, and engineers to build a state-of-the-art video streaming service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build analytical models using statistical, machine learning, and data mining methodologies
• Apply cleansing, discretization, imputation, etc. to create high quality features for the modeling process
• Use relational and non-relational data sources to access data at the appropriate level of granularity necessary for a given applied machine learning project
• Collaborate with engineering teams to build automated batch implementations of the data science solutions
• Continually work on an improving and evolving codebase and machine learning lifecycle infrastructure
• Take an active role in assisting team management and business stakeholders in preparing modeling and system requirements
• PhD, MS, or 3+ years research experience in computational social science, applied mathematics, cognitive and neural sciences, economics, information retrieval, statistics, or another quantitative/computational discipline
• 2+ years of combined experience in advanced analytics in industry or research experience
• Hands on experience in statistical methods and machine learning with special emphasis on the advanced algorithms like neural networks, SVM, random forests, bagging, gradient boosting machines, k-means, deep learning, or reinforcement learning
• Experience designing performance metrics and using machine learning for feature engineering
• Experience implementing scalable systems using Google Cloud (GCP) or similar cloud platform.
• Experience with data visualization tools and techniques
• Working knowledge of Python and SQL
• Experience with television ratings and digital measurement tools (Nielsen, Rentrak, ComScore etc.)
• Experience with building data products, either internal or consumer-facing
• Experience building data pipelines and machine learning pipelines using airflow
• Experience in a subscription and active user driven business
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excitement about using Machine Learning to drive product development
• Team oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
• Pride and ownership in your work and confident representation of your team to other parts of NBCUniversal
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9jy6-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.