Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
NBC Universal is hiring a Production Manager of Editorial Metadata to assist the Editorial Creative team for our direct-to-consumer streaming service, Peacock. We are looking for a cool-headed candidate with a track record for managing cross-functional workstreams in support of NBCUniversal's wider Content Operations & Editorial team.
The Content Operations & Editorial team is tasked with driving viewership for a wide variety of audience segments and ensuring the readiness of the streaming library by managing a constantly evolving catalog of multi-lingual titles. It is a 24/7 operation responsible for updating content (including artwork, copy and related metadata) based on strategy and events unfolding in real time, working in coordination with the Product, Marketing and Customer Support teams in addition to other stakeholders.
The role of Production Manager of Editorial Metadata will be highly collaborative with international team members and will hold wide-ranging responsibilities from vendor sourcing and evaluation to contractor onboarding, including developing and communicating creative specifications, spearheading cross-functional workflows, weighing in on the development of operational systems, managing a high volume of metadata and overseeing timely receipt of deliverables in accordance with strategic priorities and goals.
The successful candidate will bring hands- on experience with partner management and effective collaboration with geographically dispersed teams; flexibility with work cadences across multiple time zones; an aptitude with media asset management systems and optimization of imagery and metadata therein; and a feel for creative adaptation of products, services and content in order to meet the needs of a particular language or audience segment. The ideal candidate will have a sense of personal responsibility for the excellence of their work and will be adept at wielding emotional and cultural intelligence to navigate and develop internal and external partnerships. The successful candidate will also demonstrate a track record and strong comfort level with piloting uncharted territory in hybrid virtual/in-person environments, including the establishment of new, agile and evolving workflows whose business priorities, needs and related tools take shape and grow over time.
*Please include a cover letter when submitting your application.
• Source, develop, oversee and evaluate contracted vendor relationships to manage the adaptation of creative assets to specified languages or audience segments
• Identify quality assurance opportunities to enhance personalization and performance of content on the product through the use of metadata enrichment and optimization
• Define evolving requirements for tools, systems and related specifications to support metadata enrichment, personalization, data modeling and audience segment adaptation
• Conduct content analysis to determine appropriate keywords, related titles and accurate metadata to power platform collections, curation and personalization
• Create and maintain organized metadata management best practices
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide and enforce metadata specifications and deliverable timelines
• Create and optimize multi-team workflows using digital tools such as Airtable, Slack, and Microsoft Teams to support complex, scalable, and iterative cross-functional processes
• Minimum 3 years of relevant media and metadata experience
• Outstanding writing ability; must be willing to take a copywriting and proofreading test
• 1+ years leading and/or managing projects on digital platforms or CMS/DAMS/MAMS
• Highly organized and skilled in project management with the ability to easily navigate a variety of digital tools such as Airtable, Slack, and Microsoft Teams
• Outstanding collaborative communication skills (written, oral, presentation, in-person, virtual, interpersonal, intercultural)
• Working knowledge of MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures and industry trends
• Ability to operate independently, managing a high volume of time-sensitive metadata projects in a high-pressure environment with shifting priorities 7 days a week; must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours, or holidays as needed
• Ability to work at Universal City, Los Angeles, CA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxqym-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.