Junior Designer, Digital
New York, NY
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
NBC Universal is hiring a Production Manager of Editorial Imagery to assist the Editorial Creative team for our direct-to-consumer streaming service, Peacock. We are looking for a cool-headed candidate with a track record for managing cross-functional workstreams in support of NBCUniversal's wider Content Operations & Editorial team.
The Content Operations & Editorial team is tasked with driving viewership for a wide variety of audience segments and ensuring the readiness of the streaming library by managing a constantly evolving catalog of multi-lingual titles. It is a 24/7 operation responsible for updating content (including artwork, copy and related metadata) based on strategy and events unfolding in real time, working in coordination with the Product, Marketing and Customer Support teams in addition to other stakeholders.
The role of Production Manager of Editorial Imagery will be highly collaborative with international team members and will hold wide-ranging responsibilities from vendor sourcing and evaluation to contractor onboarding, including developing and communicating creative specifications, spearheading cross-functional workflows, weighing in on the development of operational systems, managing a high volume of assets and overseeing timely receipt of deliverables in accordance with strategic priorities and goals.
The successful candidate will bring hands- on experience with partner management and effective collaboration with geographically dispersed teams; flexibility with work cadences across multiple time zones; an aptitude with media asset management systems and optimization of imagery and metadata therein; and a feel for creative adaptation of products, services and content in order to meet the needs of a particular language or audience segment. The ideal candidate will have a sense of personal responsibility for the excellence of their work and will be adept at wielding emotional and cultural intelligence to navigate and develop internal and external partnerships. The successful candidate will also demonstrate a track record and strong comfort level with piloting uncharted territory in hybrid virtual/in-person environments, including the establishment of new, agile and evolving workflows whose business priorities, needs and related tools take shape and grow over time.
• Source, develop, oversee and evaluate contracted vendor relationships to manage the adaptation of creative assets to specified languages or audience segments
• Identify quality assurance opportunities to enhance performance of content on the product through the use of imagery optimization
• Define evolving requirements for media asset management tools, systems and related specifications to support imagery optimization efforts, including audience segment adaptation
• Create and maintain organized asset management best practices and naming conventions
• Collaborate directly with internal and external partners to provide and enforce imagery best practices, specifications and timelines
• Create and optimize multi-team workflows using digital tools such as Airtable, Slack, and Microsoft Teams to support complex, scalable, and iterative cross-functional processes
• Minimum 3 years of relevant media and design experience
• 1+ years leading and/or managing projects on digital platforms
• Minimum 1 year working within content management systems (CMS), digital/media asset management (DAM/MAM) systems or other similar platforms
• Excellent skills using industry standard design tools like Photoshop & Illustrator
• Working knowledge of MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols and industry trends
• Experience with Gracenote or other imagery/metadata aggregation services a plus
• The ability to operate independently and manage an ever-changing content pipeline 7 days a week in a high-pressure environment, including concurrently handling a high volume of time-sensitive requests and projects with shifting priorities
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation, in-person, virtual)
• Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to navigate a variety of digital tools such as Airtable, Slack, and Microsoft Teams
• Excellent collaborative, interpersonal and intercultural skills with the ability to work flexibly across departments as well as manage internal and external partners in a dynamic, internationally-oriented environment
• A history of establishing KPIs and targets, and then working to hit those goals
• Ability to work at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York or Universal City, Los Angeles, CA
• Ability to travel as needed
• Curiosity for consumer insight research, cultural nuance and linguistic diversity
• A passion for film, television and sports entertainment
• Fluency in a non-English language is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nkk6-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.