Senior Media Streaming Engineer
New York, NY
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is looking for a highly organized Manager of Short Form Video to help support our rapidly growing content library. You'll service and navigate a high volume, constantly evolving queue of trailer and highlight requests and ensure all orders are successfully published to our platform on a timely basis. Patience, diplomacy and perseverance will benefit you greatly in this role. Experience with multi-language asset management, procurement and servicing will also be important.
We'll rely on you to maintain Peacock's short form video content fulfillment schedule by prioritizing incoming programming requests against mission critical operational and editorial needs. Your commitment to precise publishing timetables will set the bar for overall delivery reliability and will play an instrumental role in our success within the highly competitive, ever-evolving media landscape.
We're also looking for those who want to help build a new corporate culture. At Peacock we are passionate about movies, TV shows and building a new streaming service from scratch, but we think it's really important to have fun while doing so.
• Manage operational publishing requirements, responsible for servicing and supporting Peacock's short form video content fulfillment supply chain
• Work with internal tech ops support teams as well as external service vendors to support delivery requirements, milestones and accountability; maintaining efficiencies and readiness to both upstream and downstream publishing systems
• Monitor and regulate servicing cadences; adhering to compliance mandates and marketing/promotional obligations while also executing change requests and adjusting distribution timetables under often fluid deadlines
• Enforce content availability and entitlement processes; proactively addressing all anomalies with licensing teams prior to platform syndication
• Create, maintain and revise process maps, user stories, workflows and standard operating procedures as needed
Minimum 3 years of experience with:
o digital video file formats, encoding specifications, publishing workflows and troubleshooting techniques
o content management systems trafficking high volume, time sensitive media assets for multi-platform syndication
o governmental compliance standards, practices
Minimum 1 year of experience with:
o media transfer protocols, workflows and methods; Aspera, Signiant, etc.
o multi-language assets, content delivery and metadata
o enterprise OVP services such as MPX, Brightcove and Kaltura
o archival data system cataloguing, indexing and restoration
• Working knowledge of DAI concepts, practices and ad serving platforms
• Working knowledge of project management methodologies and systems such as Agile, Scrum or Jira, Trello, Asana, Smartsheet
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, extended hours, weekends or holidays as needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication and collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Strategic knowledge and familiarity with social media platforms and video services such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
• Understanding of traditional MVPD distribution in comparison to emerging OTT services: AVOD, SVOD, TVOD, PVOD
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools Domo, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and Google Analytics
• Project Management certification (PMP, PMI, etc.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xonv-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.