The Peacock Content Strategy team is looking for a Manager to join its team, which is responsible for developing Peacock's holistic slate strategy across all content verticals to optimize customer acquisition, retention, and usage. The Content Strategy team works closely with stakeholders across NBCUniversal to align content strategy and execution to Peacock KPIs. The Manager position will report to the Vice President of Content Strategy and will be responsible for critical strategic projects.
Key group responsibilities include:
• Partnering with Peacock leadership in developing holistic content strategy, overseeing content spend allocation by content genre/type and ensuring ROI against Peacock KPIs
• Creating in-dept valuation models formulating clear recommendations/analysis to assist with decision making
• Identifying recommendations to refine the slate for Film, TV and Sports programming – including deal analysis, licensing/acquisitions evaluation, and Original content commissioning
• Partnering with finance to develop overall content overall content pro formas taking input from multiple teams including content analytics and marketing.
• Driving initial response to content ideas, based on Peacock KPIs
• Developing targets for content based on MAAs, Usage, Upgrade rates and brand KPIs
• Partnering with the scheduling team to optimize content release patterns (i.e., episode drop cadence, identifying programming schedule gaps)
• Informing windowing and content placement decisions across Peacock tiers to optimize content KPI's (i.e., premium+, premium, SVOD, premium bundled, free)
• Compiling post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
• Conducting market research, tracking competitive streaming and broader media industry trends
• Developing C-Suite presentations for the Peacock organization to inform leadership on content strategy, performance, and new opportunities for growth / investment
• Driving ad hoc requests with thoughtful, diligent business case analysis in coordination with cross-functional partners
• Candidates must have strong analytical and communication skills. Peacock is a fast paced and highly-demanding environment and candidates are expected to be able to learn quickly, be comfortable in ambiguity and deliver results often on tight project deadlines. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively both in groups as well as autonomously
• 4+ years of experience in a corporate strategy role (media, tech, internet, direct-to-consumer) and/or top investment banking or consulting firm
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and knowledge; this role requires rigorous modelling and analysis with fast turnaround
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; this role involves extensive use of PowerPoint to create executive-ready presentations
• Ability to analyze data trends & patterns to inform decision-making and to assess short and long-term implication of changing business models and growth drivers
• Bachelor's degree in relevant film with strong academic performance
• Robust understanding of the current media landscape
• Organized and detail-oriented, with an eye for consistent precision
• Strong interpersonal skills, positive and open attitude, high energy level
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
• Ability to think creatively and strategically while handling difficult and complex issues in a professional setting
• Exceptional communicator and collaborator, able to build relationships with other teams and rally people towards a common goal
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d80749-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.