Peacock Kids is seeking a creative editor with strong motion graphics and After Effects animation skills to create engaging short form video content. Peacock Kids is a division within Peacock that develops, produces, and distributes digitally native content for kids on a variety of platforms, including the YouTube channels Peacock Kids and Colossal Cranium.
The Editor will work primarily on vector animation programs for the 6-12 year old audience on Peacock Kids' digital platforms.
Some examples of work we do:
https://youtu.be/wTLdEl5ywuM (Text animation only)
This position requires proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects, and ability to facilitate storytelling and on a quick timeline, incorporating executive producer and client notes when needed.
• Create 2-5 minute animated content end-to-end by sourcing and rigging stock vector art, animating, editing and sound design
• Develop visuals and complete animation based upon written scripts and direction from creative producers
• Partner with Creative Producers to create high quality looks for new and existing series
• Implement changes based on internal and client feedback while remaining on schedule
• Stay organized and adhere to internal SOPs for file naming conventions and media storage.
• Deliver completed videos according to specifications, including making music cue sheets
• Support the Post Production Supervisor by tackling ad hoc projects that come up.
• Mastery of Adobe After Effects, especially character animation tools
• Experienced with Adobe Premiere, including ability to edit dialogue/voice over, and assemble animation with sound effects and music
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, especially for preparing stock vectors for animation
• 2+ Years experience with character animation and motion graphics and editing
• Strong sense of the language of visual storytelling
• Ability to use creative problem solving and After Effects tools and knowledge to create compelling animations with limited assets.
Send us your reel:
• Please share your editing/animation reel, or links to 3-5 samples of complete work you've done that showcase the skills listed above.
• Interested candidates must additionally submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience with motion graphics and text animation preferred
• Experience working with After Effects' visual effects tools a plus
• Familiarity with the YouTube/Digital short form space, especially for kids' content
• Experience editing live action content in Adobe Premiere
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vb54-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.