Technical Project Coordinator
Team: Technology & Operations
Status: Full Time/Regular/Non-Exempt
The Technical Project Coordinator will work with and report to the Product Manager, DAM and work alongside an experienced Technical Project Coordinator. The prime responsibilities revolve around working with the PBS DAM (Digital Asset Management) system and its consumer interface called the ''Source''. This includes working with timely promotional asset delivery to PBS member stations and digital platforms which are crucial in driving increased audience to our content and increasing key metrics. This position engages with most PBS departments, external producers and member station consumers in the usage and benefits of media assets in the PBS DAM & Source system.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Screen and quality control all General Audience video assets coming from and into the PBS Digital Media Management (DAM) system.
*This system is inclusive of what is referred to as the Source in the rest of the job description.
• Publish assets to the Source as needed.
• Stay up to date on program schedules, making sure all promotional media is delivered on time and to spec.
• Communicate to internal/external producers, staff, and member stations on any late deliverables.
• Flag any relevant content or technical issues to producers, follow through to see corrections and communicate those to all relevant users.
• Organize and fulfill weekly station promotional requests.
• Produce the Source Newsletter using MailChimp by writing features, formatting layout; cross-post to other blogs and intranet systems.
• Utilize Sales Force to keep records in synch and up to date with MailChimp subscribers.
• Respond to PBS staff, stations & producers on DAM/Source questions and feedback.
• Track and provide info on priority asset availability to various newsletters and internal sites.
• Use Excel to create rich reports for stake holders on their content in the PBS DAM.
• Conduct Source surveys, document future enhancements, and communicate new releases of the Source.
• Facilitate and troubleshoot file-delivery workflows to ensure proper and timely delivery of assets to DAM.
• Edit/transcode video and upload assets as needed.
• Schedule and lead in-person training sessions, host regularly scheduled webinars, and create specialized documentation for audience such as, but not limited to:
• PBS Member stations for Source and Station Exchange
• Internal and external producers on uploading content to PBS DAM.
• Various PBS teams and Committees
• All users on new releases/ features of the Source, Station Exchange &/or DAM.
• Strategize new enhancements to problem solve any ways in which would make users have an easier time utilizing the system.
Ongoing Maintenance for the PBS DAM system:
• Maintain Source homepage is current with fresh and up-to-date content via communications with other departments.
• Ensure DAM metadata consistency for all assets.
• Make sure assets are published in a timely manner from all stakeholders.
• Utilize technical reports to find any errors or updates needed in the DAM system.
• Execute specialty metadata projects such as taking down expired assets, bulk editing large collections of assets, and managing the bulk import of large content collections.
Requirements for success:
• A.A. or B.A. in Media, Mass Communications, Library Science or Archives or a related field and/ or equivalent of 2+ years' experience working in a related position
• Analytical thinking skills and superior attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work well both independently and with a team
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premiere and Media Encoder
• Mid-to high level competency with MS Office
• Ability to comprehend end to end media delivery systems
• Experience with metadata, archival collections and/or digital libraries a plus
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw732y-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.