Sr. Manager, Corporate Security & Operations
Sr. Director, Learning & Development
Team: Human Resources
The Sr. Director, Learning & Development leads the design and implementation of high-impact and sustainable learning, talent, and organizational development programs that develop the organization's capabilities to meet strategic and operational goals.
The Sr. Director, Learning & Development collaborates closely with the HR management team to craft and execute on a talent and organizational development strategy. They will serve as a key contributor in designing and executing talent management initiatives, including talent assessments, succession planning, team effectiveness, diversity & inclusion, and performance management.
The Sr. Director, Learning & Development leads the design and implementation of high-impact and sustainable learning. They conceptualize the end-to-end development of learning solutions for PBS.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Human Resources, this position serves as a ''Center of Excellence'' for the HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and the organization.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide thought leadership and serves as a key contributor in creating and delivering talent management initiatives including but not limited to succession planning, high potential employee development, executive leadership development, performance management, 360 feedback, and other talent assessments.
• Provide thought leadership and partnership to HR Business Partners in the areas of organizational design and change management.
• Partner with HRBPs to identify organizational needs and co-develop solutions for particular work units that may include training interventions, team-building initiatives and the use of group assessments to improve team dynamics.
• Lead the strategy development and implementation of PBS' in-person and online training programs. Create communication and marketing plans, secure outside vendors, employ metrics including feedback surveys to determine program successes and improve offerings.
• Communicate the value proposition of learning and development to PBS staff. Create a comprehensive strategy to clearly articulate the roles and responsibilities of managers and staff in developing employees.
• Working with the HR team, provide thought leadership and direction on ways to shift PBS to becoming a learning culture; implement necessary interventions in support of such.
• Work with the Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to establish partnership and ensure learning programs align with DEI goals
• Create a program that clarifies PBS' career development approach and opportunities and empowers employees to learn and grow within their roles, with specific attention to diversity, equity & inclusion.
• Using key strategic inputs, refine and execute the organization's leadership development programs.
• Administer the organization's learning management system, LinkedIn Learning, and manage the annual online harassment prevention as well as other compliance training programs.
• Manage the Learning & Development budget resourcefully.
Requirements for success:
• At least seven (7) years' experience in progressively senior learning and development roles.
• Masters' degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Instructional Design, Education, or a related field is preferred, Bachelor's degree in related field required.
• Certification in HR and or Instructional Design is an asset.
• Proven track record of successfully designing, implementing, and maintaining/enhancing organization-wide learning initiatives.
• Experience managing an LMS and designing e-learning and blended learning programs.
• Experience translating learning needs into value for the organization.
• Experience in successfully designing and implementing Leadership Development programs and initiatives.
• Thorough understanding of organizational development, training, leadership, performance management, and change management theories, methods, and practices.
• Working knowledge of assessment and psychometric tools.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Well-developed business acumen and strong consultative orientation.
• Ability to motivate and influence others; team-oriented and skilled at working within a collaborative environment.
• Strong facilitation skills with the ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Consistently demonstrates commitment for inclusion, diversity, and ethics.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roookp-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.