Senior Administrative Coordinator, KIDS (Hybrid)
Department: PBS KIDS
Corporate Area: PBS KIDS
Supervisor: Vice President, Content and Vice President, Initiatives and Creative Production
PBS KIDS uses the power of media to engage and inspire children ages 2-8, working with the top producers of content to support learning. This position will provide administrative support, for key leadership across PBS KIDS, including the VPs of PBS KIDS Content, and Initiatives and Creative Production. In addition, the position will offer support for scheduling and meetings for the Heads of Marketing & Brand Engagement and Distribution, and as critical liaison between VP's, department, and colleagues.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for schedules and meeting support for PBS KIDS VPs of PBS KIDS Content, and for Initiatives and Creative Production, as well as the leaders of Marketing & Brand Engagement and Distribution.
• Coordinate in-person, hybrid and/or virtual meetings in-house and off-site, for both internal and external attendees, including preparing and assembling all related meeting agendas and materials, and making travel arrangements as needed for VPs.
• Coordinate and prepare speaking engagements, including assisting in writing and editing speeches and creating PowerPoint presentations, as needed for VPs.
• Responsible for scheduling and coordination of key department meetings, events, and other large conferences and events, as needed. Examples include support for the PBS KIDS Producers Summit, the PBS Annual Meeting, Content Launch Meetings, as well as strategic planning meetings and content greenlighting meetings.
• Offer vendor management, communication, and set-up and process invoices.
• Assist in tracking and archiving new content submissions, review pitch materials, and draft rejection letters.
• Responsible for organizing and keeping track of knowledge management in partnership with the teams, including files and records.
• Work with confidential corporate and personnel matters related to the work of the VPs and the overall departments.
Requirements for success:
• 3+ years of administrative experience with project coordination preferred
• Associate's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience supporting executive level/senior management
• Experience working in communications or media industry environment strongly preferred
• Speechwriting experience preferred
• Public television experience preferred
• Graphic design experience preferred
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro5pn4-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.