Legal Coordinator (Hybrid)
Department: Legal, Distribution & Legal, Corporate
Corporate Area: Office of the Chief Legal Officer
Supervisor: Vice President and Associate General Counsel
The Legal Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support, and coordinating special projects, for members of the Distribution and Corporate Legal teams within the Office of Chief Legal Officer (OCLO). Additionally, he/she is responsible for working as part of the OCLO support team to provide back-up support as needed to other OCLO attorneys and staff.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide administrative operations support for team members, including but not limited to: managing calendars; handling travel arrangements, coordinating events, scheduling meetings and calls; processing expense reports; and anticipating associated needs
• Format, edit, and run comparisons/redlines of agreements and other documents; draft correspondence, emails, etc.; prepare and format PowerPoint presentations and other documents; proofread documents with high degree of accuracy
• Assist in monitoring and tracking budget information, and in processing invoices from outside legal firms and vendors
• Coordinate quarterly budget accruals with Finance
• Create and maintain attorney and team electronic files
• Communicate daily on behalf of the OCLO with PBS senior staff, outside counsel, station representatives, general public, and various other professionals
• Screen and route telephone calls and answer requests of a routine nature
• Coordinate and track regular list of Distribution team's pending matters/contracts, as needed
• Assist Distribution & Corporate Legal team members with regularly scheduled mailings and report generation, production, and distribution, as needed
• Assist members of the OCLO with maintaining trademark prosecution files, applications, registrations, specimen of use and searches, as needed
• Provide back-up administrative support as needed for other OCLO members
• Oversee the inventory of office supplies and equipment for the OCLO
• Refine organization of OCLO department files, as needed
• Perform certain office-wide functions as assigned, including filing executed contracts in the OCLO document management system and assisting with mailings to the PBS Board of Directors
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for success:
• 3-5+ years of legal administrative/office support/office management experience
• Experience supporting several attorneys preferred
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or legal secretarial training strongly preferred
• Strong editing and document management skills
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
• Experience with billing/ expense, travel, teleconference, and document management software/apps preferred
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail-oriented and be able to keep track of phone calls, e-mails, correspondence, travel, reports, files, etc.
• Team oriented and flexible
• High degree of initiative and ability to take charge/lead without day-to-day supervision
• Flexibility and diplomacy – including the ability to work closely with all levels of management
• Ability to use good judgment and provide excellent customer service in all dealings with internal and external contacts, even in high stress situations
• Proven organizational skills
• Ability to plan, problem solve, and prioritize several assignments at the same time
• Maintain confidentiality of work in the OCLO
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roj4w1-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.