Team: PBS Foundation
The PBS Foundation provides philanthropic support on behalf of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and its member stations. Insupporting PBS, the PBS Foundation seeks private funds from individuals, foundations, and corporations for priority initiatives andcarries out such activities as prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor stewardship; generation ofproposals; grants management; and management of the Foundation's Board of Directors.
The Executive Assistant provides critical, high-level administrative support to the Foundation's Executive Director and Deputy Director.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to:
• Proactively manage the Executive Director's and Deputy Director's calendars and schedules, anticipating and addressing theirneeds and ensuring that identified priorities are addressed in a timely fashion.
• Ensure the Executive Director and Deputy Director are appropriately supported before and during trips and meetings, includingpreparing itineraries, creating and coordinating materials, and using judgment to provide other relevant information.
• Screen and coordinate communications, correspondence and requests, identifying which issues require the attention of theExecutive Director and which issues should be routed to the Deputy Director.
• On behalf of the Executive Director and Deputy Director, proactively follow up with appropriate staff on project status; establishand maintain tracking/feedback system to ensure issues are recorded, addressed, and resolved.
• Handle confidential matters for the Executive and Deputy Directors as requested, including liaison and support with the PBSFoundation Board of Directors and committees as well as helping to traffic and manage frequent interactions with station GeneralManagers and Chief Development Officers.
• Provide decision support for the Executive Director and Deputy Director (e.g., research strategic issues and coordinate withother departments to secure materials requested).
• Represent the Executive Director among a wide array of external constituents via phone, email, and in-person.
• Prepare documents, letters and other correspondence for the Executive Director and Deputy Director.
• Coordinate internal and external meetings or other events for the Foundation, including securing venues, preparing relevantmaterials and coordinating all logistical details.
Requirements for success:
• Demonstrated significant experience performing confidential administrative support for a senior executive.
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of experience, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
• Exceptional judgment skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated individual who can work independently and as part of a team in a highly-collaborative environment.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to balance multiple issues and projects in a fast-pacedenvironment.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Attention to detail, proactive, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
• Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information with a high degree of discretion, judgment, tact and poise.
• Strong typing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Proficiency in the use of standard office equipment (printers, faxes, scanners, etc.).
• Consistently demonstrates respect for inclusion, diversity, and ethics.
• Supports and has a passion for the mission of PBS and public media.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k2ez-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.