Content Associate, PBS Children's Programming
Department: Children's Programming
Corporate Area: CME
Supervisor: Director, Content, Children's Programming
The Development Associate, Children's Programming, is responsible for key administrative functions of the PBS Children's Programming team and for support with content development. Duties include managing the proposal submission process; scheduling pitches; tracking unsolicited submissions and associated correspondence; writing rejection letters; providing coverage and written notes on projects in development; and assisting with the development, dissemination, and review of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for new content. Administrative duties include managing department schedules and travel needs; managing expenses; overseeing the contract and invoice processes; and coordinating meetings as needed.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist KIDS Programming development executives with logging solicitations, reviewing children's media proposals, and responding to pitches for all content pipelines (series, short-form, specials, game + video experiments, podcasts).
• Assist in disseminating and tracking multiple PBS KIDS Requests for Proposals and producing associated info-session webinars. Track projects, draft rejections, and log responses.
• Assist in scheduling, organizing, and distributing projects for the Quarterly Development Reviews and greenlighting roadshows.
• Assist in circulating execution copies of legal agreements.
• Provide administrative support for the Children's Programming department. Duties include scheduling meetings and efficiently maintaining schedules; assisting in development of speeches and presentations; screening calls and mail; fielding inquiries directed to executives; and ensuring timely responses to queries and projects requiring executive approval.
• Coordinate meetings both in-house and off-site, making travel and overnight arrangements as needed.
• Produce PowerPoint presentations, slides, and reports.
• Prepare expense reports for team managers; process invoices and contracts with outside vendors and contractors.
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements for success:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2 years of professional experience, including:
• Experience working in communications, creative or media environment strongly preferred
• Experience in administrative support and/or project coordination
• Experience proofreading and editing
• Experience in development of digital and mobile content a plus
• Experience with early childhood education a plus
• Spanish language proficiency a plus
• Strong skills in typing/word processing, basic graphic design, spreadsheets, presentation software (such as Powerpoint, Keynote, etc), electronic communications systems, videoconferencing systems, Outlook, and Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills
• Excellent phone manner / customer service skills
• Resourceful, self-directed, and flexible team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to accomplish multiple tasks and to prioritize work, and be comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment
• Ability to work with little direction, and to work well with others
• Self-starting with tremendous initiative and solid follow-through skills
• Strong interest in young children and/or early childhood education preferred
• Knowledge of PBS and public television preferred
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxwk5-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.