Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The Streaming Research and Insights team is responsible for developing a deep understanding of Paramount streaming audiences around the world, then disseminating those findings within the company. Through research and insights initiatives, we support the Paramount streaming teams, focusing on Paramount+ and Pluto TV. Additionally, we collaborate with consumer insights teams in the US and abroad to champion findings and chip in to Paramount's audience expertise.
The Senior Analyst, Streaming Research and Insights is responsible for streaming insights that help meet key business objectives on behalf of Paramount's streaming brands, Paramount+ and Pluto TV. This role's primary responsibility is the analysis and dissemination of data and insights as reported by third party syndicated sources, to support the company's streaming strategy and further understanding of the market/competitive landscape.
Reporting to the Senior Director, this role requires someone who knows how to interpret data and consumer research, who has experience working with a variety of syndicated tools, and who has an interest in the streaming landscape. They should demonstrate the ability to see patterns, handle large data sets, and balance various requests at any given time, in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. A candidate with a passion for media and streaming is a requirement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Under the guidance of the Senior Director, mine third-party syndicated tools for insights that will drive continued growth for Paramount+ and Pluto TV.
• Assist with tracking and analyzing the competitive streaming landscape, identifying patterns and trends in the industry, and distributing key information via ongoing quarterly, monthly, and weekly reporting.
• Support the Senior Director in providing ad-hoc analyses, use multiple data sources, to answer key business questions and provide strategic insights.
• As part of a group, develop and optimize methodologies for extracting, compiling, and communicating streaming-centric third-party data to internal partners.
• Chip in to maintenance and expansion of insights tools and systems for usage of the wider business.
• Perform administrative tasks as needed.
• Experience pulling and analyzing data from syndicated media research tool suites such as Nielsen, Antenna, MRI-Simmons, Vivvix, Comscore, and/or YouGov.
• The ability to handle a variety of projects, tasks, requests, and changing priorities optimally in a complex, fast-paced business environment.
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is important.
• Ability to manipulate large data sets using Excel, SPSS, Tableau, or similar tools.
• Ability to visualize data using Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Domo, or similar tools.
• Strategic problem solver with strong analytical skills.
• Positive, strong interpersonal skills and ability to form strong professional and working relationships.
• Self-starter who is energetic & enthusiastic, adaptable & customer focused.
• Should work well under pressure and be able to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
• Fluency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong PC, Excel and PowerPoint skills a requirement.
• Naturally curious, collaborative and passionate about consumer behavior and the media industry.
• Experience with social media analytics or crosstab tools such as mTab, Q software or SPSS is desirable, but not required.
• 2+ years in media research, preferably at a media owner (TV/streaming/digital) or at a research agency or equivalent experience
• Bachelor's Degree
Hiring Salary Range: $56,000.00 - 90,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reym42-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.