Overview & Responsibilities
Paramount is looking for a seasoned professional to help craft the next generation of content technology! As a Senior Director in the Media Technology & File Engineering group, you will help build and support systems that will transform the content supply chain for an international media company. You will identify, configure and implement best-of-breed systems/services to meet the technical requirements for all standards-based file and linear video encoding, processing, transformation, publishing, monitoring and distribution. This will form the cornerstone of content delivery capabilities for Paramount. Shows like Star Trek: Discovery, NCIS, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, American Soul, and countless others managed and delivered through the systems you build.
• Partner with our various local engineering, operational and enterprise teams to provide critical issue support for deployed distribution & streaming infrastructure as needed, liaising with vendors; serving as a subject matter expert for systems such as terrestrial network/file distribution, encode and transcode technologies.
• Deep understanding of content acquisition, encoding, transcoding and delivery systems.
• Demonstrates in depth experience in detailed design, build, and commissioning of technical systems including linear broadcast playout, video compression, live streaming, content workflow management, content ingest, storage, transformation, IP networks including multicast, WAN video distribution, file delivery and acceleration, and able to identify and demonstrate technical expertise in different specialized fields.
• Strong understanding of digital audio/video fundamentals, compression technologies, distribution formats, and associated technologies including AVC (H.264), HEVC, ProRes, MPEG-2, MXF, IMF and audio codecs like PCM, AAC, AC3, E-AC3
• Assist VP of Media Technology Engineering in development, preparation and implementation of department capital and operating budgets along with long range project planning
• Demonstrates knowledge in baseband HD/SD video, transport stream distribution, video/audio encoding, OTT streaming architectures and technologies, IP networking including multicast and video contribution/distribution
• Experience in design with digital delivery methods, such as AWS, Aspera P2P/Faspex, Signiant, SFTP, etc.
• 10+ years' experience in the media & entertainment technology sector
• Experience leading impactful technical teams including performance management, mentoring, and team development.
• Experience with satellite, distribution and encoding technologies
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years in a technical infrastructure leadership position at Director level or above.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to facilitate conversations with business partners, users, and engineering teams.
• Experience leading all aspects of the hiring, mentoring, and training of excellent engineers
• Experience developing individual contributors into technical leads and future engineering leaders
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bmke-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.