Overview and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for providing support to and collaborating with the Canadian Head of Publicity & Promotions and external Agencies to develop and implement the overall Publicity & Promotional strategies on all theatrical film projects, including French language releases, for Canada.
This position also works closely with the National, Field and Digital Publicity teams in the US in support of all Domestic Marketing Theatrical campaigns.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• National Publicity - Develop and maintain relationships with the National and market specific entertainment media while promoting upcoming Paramount releases. This includes assisting with the planning and administration of Junkets, PA tours, Premieres, Set Visits, Festivals, Costume Tours, Long-lead Print/Magazine pitches and all subsequent reporting.
• Regional Publicity – Assist on all Toronto based Special Events, Live appearances, Screenings and Festivals. Responsible for on-site logistics including venue and hotel bookings, transportation, technical logistics, catering, budgeting, and final reporting.
• Regional Publicity, French – Work directly with LA based WW Print Production, WW Distribution Services and International Creative departments to ensure production of French materials for Quebec.
• Digital Publicity - Responsible for the Paramount Pictures Canada organic social media accounts – Twitter/Paramount Canada (English), Twitter/Paramount Quebec (French), Facebook/ Paramount Pictures Quebec (French).
• Promotions - Works with Promo agency, The TARO Group, on all logistics and reporting for the Canadian screening program, and managing of promotional item inventory. Assist the Agency with the execution of Canadian grassroots & word of mouth outreach/promotional support for each film.
• Finance - Responsible for the Canadian Pub/Promo budget. This includes future planning and ensuring proper tracking of agency contracts, current budgets and expenditures are maintained. Responsible for P2P administration (Ariba/SAP, Graphite Connect).
• Point person for new media, vendor, and promotional partner inquiries.
• Responsible for daily publicity breaks and reviews to be sent to Head Office.
• Preparation of Canadian marketing plans and presentations as required (PowerPoint, Excel, MS Word, Google Suite)
• Responsible for tracking and maintenance of various reports, ie, Pre-Sunday feature report; Expected Reviews report, Preview charts (Start of Year, Spring, Summer, Fall, Holiday), and Critics Groups charts.
• Maintaining Marketing department office supplies, storage area, database and distribution lists, preparing couriers and customs documents.
• Minimum 2 years of related marketing experience
• Highly Proficient with MS software including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Motivated self-starter
• Ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines in a calm manner
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with staff, internal and external contacts and senior management
• Organized and diligent with the ability to handle multiple high priorities; able to appropriately prioritize work and proactively anticipate and manage time
• Social media proficient
• Bachelor's Degree, desired
• Proficiency in French language, preferred
• Good relationship building skills
• Experience working in an international environment
• Experience in Entertainment Industry
• Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Does this sound like the role for you? Join us!
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio's iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r14po0-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.