Department Assistant, Velocity
New York, NY
The Multi-Platform Content Strategy team focuses on shows-related content and experiences, programming and scheduling content across a variety of non-linear platforms such as .com sites and apps/connected as well as Paramount+, Pluto TV, and third-party platforms.
In this role, the Senior Coordinator will provide current series linear support by managing long and short-form content for various premiering series across non-linear platforms! The successful candidate will have a strong passion for television, an unwavering attention to detail, and be self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple priorities while managing time effectively.
• Manage the full episode windowing schedule for series across non-linear platforms
• Outline the programming strategy for brand homepages and app landing pages
• Submit daily video transcoding and .com/app promotion requests for short-form content
• Responsible for metadata entry associated with content scheduled across various platforms including site/app, video-on-demand, and transactional video-on-demand
• Schedule assets and create work orders to initiate content delivery to non-linear platforms
• Ensure all contractual obligations with third-party partners, closed-captioning, and rights/clearances are in compliance
• Outline series-specific multi-platform content strategy plans
• Coordinate multi-platform content promotion across various MTVE departments
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 1-2 years experience in the media industry (internship experience considered)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage time effectively
• Excellent attention to detail and strong critical thinking skills
• Proven communication skills; must be articulate and professional in both written and verbal form
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment
• Initiative to work well alone and on teams
• Awareness of television and entertainment industry trends
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn3yem-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.
BET Networks is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa.