The Push & Platforms Editor is responsible for growing the CBS News audience through push notifications, YouTube optimization and partner relationships. This editor should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sending breaking news alerts across multiple platforms, running YouTube live streams to coincide with CBS News' live coverage and pitching content to distribution partners. They should be able to craft push alert language and write YouTube headlines and descriptions that accurately represent a story and pique the audience's interest. The right candidate is a skilled writer with a strong news background who uses analytics to shape strategy.
You will work Monday-Friday, 2-10p ET (open to remote). You will also be expected to work some holidays and shift your schedule as needed.
• Send app, web, Apple News and OTT push alerts throughout the day.
• Send breaking emails and help oversee our breaking email strategy.
• Run live streams, curate and optimize YouTube channels, using a mix of editorial judgment, SEO and analytics to inform decisions.
• Help pitch editorial content to distribution partners like Apple News, Yahoo, etc.
• Clip segments that air on CBS News stream, writing heds/deks that accurately reflect the content and follow SEO best practices.
• Occasionally write up CBS News stream segments, newsmaking interviews or other trending content for CBSNews.com.
• Work closely with producers, rights & clearances, legal and standards teams to ensure content is accurately framed and cleared for publication.
• Track and report back on analytics to help inform the team's decisions.
• You have 2+ years of experience in a digital breaking news environment and proven ability to react quickly as news develops.
• You're a strong writer and self-editor who can move quickly and with precision.
• You're familiar with analytics platforms like Omniture, Chartbeat, YouTube Studio, etc.
• You know how to craft a compelling headline following SEO best practices.
• Familiarity with editing software (Adobe Premiere, PhotoShop, Wochit, etc.) is a plus.
Hiring Salary Range: $70,000.00 - 85,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro2qq3-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.