Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a Vice President, Industrial Relations to join our team! This position is responsible for assisting in developing and executing the Industrial Relations strategy and providing effective day-to-day administration and interpretation of Paramount's collective bargaining agreements as required by Paramount Management.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Provides for the cost effective production of all Paramount physical production and Studio back-lot operations through the accurate administration and interpretation of all collective bargaining agreements
• Manages the labor grievance process by coordinating the investigating of all circumstances surrounding a grievance, evaluating the contractual positions, determining the validity and monetary impact on Paramount and negotiating the liability and/or financial settlement with the union representative
• Handles or oversees arbitrations that are not resolved in the grievance process
• Represents Paramount's interests as chief negotiator or supports the EVP in the negotiation of various collective bargaining agreements
• Identifies both short and long term issues in existing contracts and provides strategic solutions
• Negotiates with unions and outside agencies in securing interpretations, waivers or agreements that are favorable to Paramount
• Oversees investigations and advises Paramount management on disciplinary and personnel matters involving union employees and assists in developing and implementing a performance improvement plan, as requested
• Develops training for union personnel including supervisory personnel to ensure compliance with contractual obligations as well as any state or federal training requirements
• Represents Paramount's interests on various industry committees and/or as a Trustee on Pension & Health Funds
• Provides oversight of outside counsel relating to civil litigation
• Handles or oversees administrative charges from the EEOC, DFEH, Labor Commissioner and NLRB
• Oversees a team of industrial relations executives
• Bachelor's degree required, (Industrial Relations, Business Management or a related field preferred)
• 10+years entertainment experience preferably in motion picture production and studio operations
• Extensive knowledge of labor law and entertainment union contracts
• Proven Experience in managing all types of investigations and their resolutions
• Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with senior management and union representatives
• Supervisory experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo622-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.