This position is responsible for leading Audio & Subtitle Operations within Asset Management division and is hands-on in development, supervision, and implementation of new technology standards.
As well as operating at a senior level within the division. Overseeing all aspects of Audio and localization from new features, television, and audio preservation. The Director will have high level expertise mastering skills and will lead all aspects of one of its key creative functions of mastering.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Works with new feature and episodic (FE) teams to determine mastering and localization needs a large volume of FE titles - Determines requirements for all localized versions including edits for international territories;
• Works closely with Deliverables and Operations group to determine materials status for all projects - Ensures sure all specifics for all titles are detailed/documented in an accurate technical system;
• Coordinates dubbing, subtitling, localization for features and television for both acquisitions and Paramount produced assets;
• Supports all deliverable preservation requirements for Audio - Provides expertise on all audio related technology and projects;
• Works closely with Deliverables and Operations team on all asset creation Works with Data and Analytics team on Digital Archive, Analytics and Metadata Change Control;
• Supervision and Creation of high-level Audio assets to service all downstream markets;
• Manage Audio & Subtitle localized assets for servicing worldwide clients. Lead vetting of new audio & subtitle vendors as well as overall performance tracking;
• Manage production workflows at internal and external Audio & Subtitle mastering facilities;
• Manage Localization Team of 3-5 personnel;
• Manage Audio Preservation team of 3 On-site supervision of Audio & Subtitle mastering activities to ensure process/project specifications are completed accurately;
• Analyze QC reports and resolve all technical issues;
• Troubleshoot problematic assets and resolve issues;
• Work directly with Theatrical Dubbing and Stages to ensure proper delivery of original assets;
• Research and locate mastering assets through archive systems;
• Manage delivery and logging of completed assets and back-ups to archive;
• Project level budget creation and tracking;
• Create purchase orders (PO) for all related activities;
• Match up invoices to purchase orders for final approvals;
• Liaise with internal and external studio clients to ensure projects are completed accurately;
• Manage status & due dates of elements;
• Track schedule achievements and communicate issues if not met;
• Work with department management, studio clients, and vendors to ensure specs are accurate and updated;
• Communicate project scope and timelines with mastering team Project Managers;
• May be assigned to various tasks and projects, as needed.
• Minimum 7 years in studio-level qualified Mastering Audio Facility;
• Audio (ATMOS, DTS-X) mastering workflows, processes, and techniques;
• Proficient in Mastering related equipment, standards, and materials;
• Stellar understanding of legacy and advanced audio and subtitle formats;
• Lead a team of at least 3 direct reports;
• A deep understanding of various subtitle and closed caption formats and specifications;
• Extensive expertise in audio preservation workflows.
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Detailed and Process oriented;
• Foreign and Domestic Mastering background;
• Strong understanding of file-based workflows and media management;
• Acquainted with working directly with creative talent;
• Xytech and SAP experience desired but not required Eligibility requirements;
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k0w4-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.