Overview & Responsibilities:
Paramount Tech is hiring a Media and Audio Support Manager for the Editorial Post Production Operations department to help share the best methods and strategies for video and audio post-production workflows and to set standards for post strategies at Paramount. This role requires a candidate who is technically minded and proficient in managing the day-to-day media and audio needs of internal post-production teams for Avid, Protools, and Adobe Premiere environments. This includes the ingest, organization, transcoding, and archiving of media assets for projects. Additionally, they will support workflows for audio mix teams including Protools, Audio Routing, and VO booth record prep. This role is a hybrid work model based out of New York, NY.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with clients and the media management team to ingest and manage media across multiple storage platforms including AVID Nexis, StorNext SAN, Qumulo, AWS Cloud, and other post-production storage ecosystems
• Support in-house and remote audio mixers, focusing on Protools audio and recording workflows, technology, plug-ins, etc.
• Participate in pre-production planning meetings with production teams for media specs, transfer, and edit/audio prep
• Troubleshoot technical issues related to media assets and audio/edit session workflows to then collaborate with Post Operations, Scheduling, and Technology teams on resolutions
• Help manage and maintain team audio software and plugin updates with engineering teams
• Monitor and enforce the best media management policies
• Wrap projects and assets to submit for archive
• Make quality control assessments of source media and final deliverable assets as needed
• Provide onboarding, training, and general editorial support on internal asset management systems and workflows
• Communicate and implement the highest standards of personal conduct in the workplace
• Provide coverage while colleagues are out of the office
• Work in a hybrid work model that can alternate between working in-office or working remotely as needed
• At least 3-5 years of media management, audio support, or assistant editor experience
• Has hands-on experience at post-production facilities with sound recording and editing software
• Working knowledge of Avid/Interplay/Media Central, ProTools, and Adobe Premiere
• Knowledge of current industry audio software, plug-ins, hardware, and 5.1 surround configurations
• Strong understanding of different video and audio file formats, transcoding/encoding, video storage, and data transfer systems
• Familiarity with asset management systems
• Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
• Clear communication skills among all management levels
• A critical thinker and dedicated problem solver in Post Production
• Ability to work well in fast paced environment and prioritize under pressure
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours, weekends, and possible holidays only if needed
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9483-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.