The Global Distribution Group is responsible for the international distribution of series and features to Free TV, FVOD, Pay TV, SVOD, Basic Cable, Video-on-demand and electronic sell-through/download clients around the world.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, entry level Financial Analyst who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment for a constantly evolving international industry. The person in this role will be part of a leading, global mass media company which is rapidly expanding!
The Financial Analyst will be based in our Los Angeles office and will report to the Finance Director. Recent college grads with similar education focus encouraged to apply.
Overview and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for entering and maintaining financial detail in internal computer sales database.
• Review data for errors and respond to queries for deal information.
• Generate reports applying various internal financial and sales systems.
• Work closely with International Finance and Deal Management group members and worldwide sales office territory managers and staff.
• Organize and summarize large amounts of data using Excel.
• Assist in monthly revenue reconciliation process versus forecast.
• Assist with updates to assorted tracking reports and other ad hoc spreadsheets as needed.
• Develop, enhance, update and/or maintain financial planning models.
• Support the coordination and preparation and cause of change analysis for each forecast, Annual Operating Plan and Long-Range Plan.
• Work with key partners, operating groups, and finance team to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions, and results.
• Prepare financial reports supporting financial plans and related analysis.
• Support the preparation of Management reporting and analysis.
• Support and prepare ad hoc special projects, financial analysis, and reporting.
• Minimum of 1+ years relevant work experience in financial planning and analysis.
• Strong analytical skills and Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
• Professional, confident demeanor and a standout colleague.
• Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
• Entertainment experience preferred.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9o8m-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.