Overview and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for managing the Global Distribution Groups Film Ultimate Process, assisting in territory deal analysis, and tracking/reporting the expanding Acquisitions product.
• Maintain the Global Distribution Group's excel based Ultimate model for Greenlight and post-release valuation
• Be responsible for variance explanation to support management review
• Coordinate with Paramount Corporate finance to ensure proper values are reflected
• Acquisitions - Maintain financial project tracking vs. Greenlight for P&L and cash.
• Maintain and develop financial deal models to support territory-specific business needs.
• Ad hoc assignment as needed
• Foster and maintain relationships with key Paramount business groups including all areas of distribution and sales; liaise with internal Planning partners to capture data to build/revise the plan.
• Ensure accurate and timely delivery of reporting and analysis responsibilities
• Advanced Excel model for Ultimates needs to be maintained and updated.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
• 10+ years of professional experience in Financial Planning
• TV Distribution Finance or Ultimate experience preferred
• Advanced proficiency in Excel including advanced modeling and data mining capabilities required, as well as Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with Essbase, SAP, Hyperion, and Cognos
• Ability to respond with urgency and accuracy in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment
• Strong skills for financial analysis and modeling, well-developed analytical and conceptual skills with sound judgment and decision-making ability
• Attention to detail and strong oral and written communication skills are required; able to research thoroughly and present accurate information precisely and confidently
• Must be self-motivated, flexible, and have excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio's iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
Hiring Salary Range: $124,000.00 - 155,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm20zm-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.