Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio's iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
The Coordinator is responsible for project coordination, management and overall support of Physical Production and the Visual Effects Department.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
Coordinator Physical Production:
• Assist with physical production of assigned projects in development, pre-production, post-production, and production stages
• Assist with developing preliminary production plan, including schedule, location, and budget considerations
• Prepare department head availability lists and solicit location photo packages from regional, state, and national film commissions
• Paper department head deals, including UPM, DP, PD, and CD
• Act as a liaison between the production and the studio departments including creative, finance, legal, labor relations, visual effects, and post-production.
• Distribute daily production documents, mail, and maintains office supplies
• Handle schedule of VP, including coordinating meetings and appointments
• Arrange travel plan and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings for VP, as well as for Directors, HODs during development phase
• Answer and screen high volume of phone calls and email, taking action when needed, and following up
• Act as custodian for corporate documents and records
• Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other documents such as expense reports
• Create and maintain databases and spreadsheet files
Coordinator Visual Effects:
• Read and create a first draft Visual Effects (VFX) breakdown for all projects
• Prepare and initiate review sessions with filmmakers and vendors as needed
• Detailed note-taking and follow-up on select action items
• Update VFX vendor contract template with business points and track status
• Coordinate vendor and crew credits with credit department
• Maintain database (resumes, availability and reel library) for VFX talent and all VFX vendors globally
• Update and maintain all VFX templates for various tasks
• Assist with tracking and organizing both physical and digital department assets
• Compile wrap documents and binders upon show deliveries
• Perform general administrative duties as assigned to support the VP of VFX & Physical Production, including scheduling meetings, answering phones, booking travel and filing
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience in VFX Production environment
• Ability to comprehend bids, budgets and status reports
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding skill-set in organization, problem-solving, time-management, multi-tasking, and operating in a fast paced environment
• Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Filemaker Pro
• Able to maintain up-to-date and accurate files
• Ability to flex both work and communication style in order to transition fluidly between working independently and using team assets
• Professional communication and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and responsibilities under pressure with minimal supervision is essential
• Ability to work flexible hours is necessary
• Interested candidates please submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Hiring Salary Range: $50,000.00 - 56,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pev2-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.