Department Assistant, Velocity
New York, NY
Paramount's International Communications team is seeking a full-time coordinator to support internal and external corporate communications initiatives for business and brands outside the US, with a focus on Paramount+ and Pluto TV. Based in New York, the role is hybrid (work from home and the office) and will report to the Senior Director of Communications, this role will focus on international corporate communications, specifically for streaming (Paramount+ and Pluto TV) and international studios. The coordinator will also support corporate initiatives, such as global insights, ad sales, and more.
The coordinator will support the team by taking ownership of a broad range of tasks including writing internal and external communications, managing weekly reports, press coverage tracking, crafting presentations, research, and supporting overall campaign development and execution. The coordinator may also support on publicity campaigns for Paramount+ originals, including those produced by our international studio, by scheduling and managing talent interviews, compiling press coverage recaps, press materials, and more. The position will also support on team administrative tasks.
The right candidate will be a strong writer and a nimble, creative and strategic problem solver. The person will be highly organized, detail oriented and possess strong time management skills. Working across countries, cultures and brands, this role is an exciting opportunity to gain extensive experience as part of a fast paced, creative and ambitious team.
Leaning heavily on corporate communications, primary responsibilities include:
• Support internal and external communications initiatives, from start to finish with the following tasks:
• Drafting press releases, media alerts, executive bios.
• Preparing internal and external facing executive communications.
• Drafting executive talking points and speaking engagement briefs.
• Collaborating on communications plans, fact sheets and materials.
• Compiling and organizing post-campaign coverage reports
• Compile regional updates for weekly communications reports.
• Support internal culture and employee engagement initiatives, including idea development, virtual panel coordination, booking speakers, and more.
• Help to maintain global calendars and trackers.
Our international communications team is lean, and the coordinator will have the opportunity to learn and collaborate on many areas of this business, which may also include the following and consumer publicity responsibilities, with a focus on Paramount+ and Pluto TV press campaigns:
• Organize and maintain press assets (e.g., press artwork, media coverage, press releases) for key programming priorities across brands on departmental shared drive.
• Coordinate virtual and in-person, press junkets, interviews, and press events.
• Compile international media coverage and prepare press digests for programming priorities that are distributed across the company.
• Help handle planning documents for talent press trips, key events (e.g., MTV Video Music Awards, MTV EMA), etc.
• Support team in pitching announcements to journalists and assist with talent opportunities and interviews as needed.
• Transcribe, proofread and edit talent Q&As as needed.
• Brainstorm creative pitch ideas for international programming premieres and key events.
• Handle tentpole event credentialing.
• Schedule meetings, book travel arrangements for SVP and occasionally the team.
• Calendar management.
• Expense and budget management.
• Presentation support.
• 1-2 years of experience in an office environment in the public relations/communications field (Strong internship experience considered).
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal and writing skills
• Meticulous, proactive self-starter.
• Positive outlook, adaptability and preference for a fast-paced working environment.
• Curious, creative problem solver who takes notes and is not afraid to ask questions.
• Ability to balance different projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Canva, CITIA, InDesign, iMovie a plus.
• Must exude a professional demeanor with ability to handle matters of a confidential nature.
• Strong understanding of social media and online trends.
• Curiosity about working with international markets.
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
• Willingness to occasionally work longer hours and on weekends as necessary during events, tentpoles, etc.
• A true teammate, no job is too big or too small.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8z5m-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.
BET Networks is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa.