403(g) Camera Technician
CBS News is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time News Photographer with Director of Photography level experience. We are seeking someone extremely proficient in shooting, lighting and can bring compelling stories to life. Candidates must have exceptional knowledge and experience with Hi-definition, 4K, UHD and HDR photography. Must possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential.
• Shoot day of air, in-depth features, investigative assignments and creative interactive live shots all with the highest ethical, aesthetic and technical standards using the latest technology.
• Candidates must demonstrate an ability to direct lighting, set overall visual look, related technical specifications for projects and sound as a one-person crew or as part of a team.
• Ensure that all pictures and sound are of highest quality and properly recorded.
• Work closely with producers by providing support logistics and shot requirements
• Operate ENG vehicles.
• Maintain all gear including crew vehicles, working with appropriate departments to keep all gear up to date and in working order.
• Able to trouble-shoot quickly and effectively in a variety of circumstances.
Work under deadline pressure.
• Degree in broadcast journalism/production preferred.
• At least 10 years' experience working as an ENG photographer in a large market a plus.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to listen, provide praise and constructive criticism.
• In depth knowledge of existing and evolving newsgathering technologies.
• Good leadership skills.
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images.
• Take ownership of situations and lead issues to resolution.
• Experience in logistics, special event planning and execution.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Ability to lift 50 plus lbs. of newsgathering equipment.
• Must be available to work weekends, long hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines, 24/7 all kinds of possible weather conditions.
• Travel for production (hostile environments are possible. Training provided)
• In depth understanding of newsgathering technologies: HD video and Multi-camera Anchor remotes.
• Proficient with streaming technologies Dejero and LiveU.
• Applicants must provide a link to examples of their recent work.
Hiring Salary Range: $.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn4kwo-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.